Sunday, November 27, 2005

Church 11-27-05

Today was church. It was sooo awesome! My sister who’s been going there since Aug. 7th this year has the stomach flu so she missed it. She’s not going to be happy that she missed communion cause we don’t do that often. My friend Jennifer started going to my church Aug. 7th also when Paul got baptized and she had never taken communion at this church before. We sang “Stand Up On Your Feet” and “Shout” and “Love You So Much” that I absolutely love and my sister Tina will be really sad she missed that too! I am praying for her that she get over the stomach flu today!! She doesn’t want to miss work. Today at church the sermon was about Thankfulness again and the TANGIBLE ways that we can show others that we live in Thankfulness to God on a daily basis. Something to that effect, I don’t have my notes with me right now. But, people should be able to see you, if you are a Christian, and be able to say, “Wow, he really is a humble person. He’s very thankful for everything that happens to him no matter what. He takes God seriously and wow, I’d like to be that content in my life.” That’s what I took away from the service this morning. I want people to know that I’m a Christian, that I am serious about my faith and I DO what I preach and DO what I believe..not just believe it but my “fruit” doesn’t prove it. Like, don’t tell your kids not to smoke when you smoke, and don’t tell people God is against lying but then you go and lie. God wants us to not LIE, He wants us to read His Word and be a DOER of the Word..not just a hearer. He wants us to be HUMBLE and to reverently FEAR Him..like Paul did. Respect God!!! There’s more but I don’t have my notes handy. I need to bring them in after church and go over them before bed. Maybe I should do that. God bless you!

1 comment:

Elisabet said...

Hey girl. I didn't see your other blog but I know you can just delete this so it doesnt post. I'm so behind on emails that I don't even want to try to find the one you sent me. My 3d picture (which i only just figured out what that meant.) I don't know how it did it. The picture was just my profile pic. I took an icon and posted it on site then got the into the properties and got the http address and set it as my profile pic. Hope that helps. Nighty night.